Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

I've been spending the past couple of weeks getting the house all sparkly and Christmas-y. Tomorrow night we host our annual Christmas party - the one party a year where we banish all  persons under the age of 21 from our house so we can maintain adult conversation without having to referee miniature maniacs who are tweaked out on sugar. I love to go all out for this party! I channel my inner Martha Stewart - who I happen to think is way more down to earth than the actual Martha - and I get decorating!

  • First, get yourself some glitter spray paint. Spray everything you come in contact with. I chose to spray cotton balls and, using a needle and thread, create a falling snow scene. (I can't wait to use the glitter paint to make these trees!) 
  • Second, get yourself some pretty paper and cut it into strips for a paper chain. I remember making these as a kid and I was able to share this craft with my 5 year old. 
  • Third, make gift wrap simple. I keep kraft paper, various ribbon and twine, and blank gift tags on hand all year. I just change the stamp on the gift tags depending on the occasion. That way I'm not overloaded on pricey giftwrap and the pile under my tree looks unified.  

Glitter painted "snow"

The classic paper chain


The Christmas Mantle (with a bit of my man in the shot!)

Easy & elegant wrapping - kraft paper, twine, ribbon, blank gift tags,  & a unique stamp

What are some of your favorite holiday crafts and decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment