Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wedding Redo

I've been scouting photographer blogs lately and have seen some beautiful wedding shots. Which make me wistful for a wedding. You see, I'm already married. I've had a wedding. And I want a wedding redo. On my wedding day I let a friend style my hair (badly), a relative do my makeup (badly,) my sister-in-law pick the bridesmaids dresses (I still can't apologize enough to my bridesmaids who wore them,) and I was bloated and in my first trimester (oops!) 

I don't mean to make it sound like it could have been an episode of my "big, fat redneck wedding." There were parts of it that were lovely! We were married in an old church that belonged to our friends who ran it as a theatre for experimental cinema. Our reception was at a funky little gallery. Our friends and family were with us and everybody had a wonderful time. It's just that at some point in the wedding process, I got exhausted with planning a wedding, work, an impending move AND baby. I sort of just threw my hands up and said "que cera cera!"

We don't even have many wedding photos that don't look like snapshops. I guess I'm going to have to dust off the wedding gown, buy my husband a new suit, and do a photo shoot in the back yard. Fake it 'til you make it, right?! Here's some inspiration:
photo by Samm Blake
from mimiandmegblog

Photo by Marianne Taylor 
greenweddingshoes.com

Photo by Samm Blake


What are your wedding inspirations?

No comments:

Post a Comment